Whether you need short-term career training, certification/licensure prep, professional development for yourself or your employees or are just looking for a class for personal enjoyment, Workforce & Continuing Education can help.
Learn more about our programs by contacting email@example.com.
Blue Ridge Community College Workforce & Continuing Education provides a dynamic program of workforce services and personal enrichment opportunities for Central Shenandoah Valley employers and residents. Programs and courses support community and economic development initiatives to promote an excellent quality of life and prosperous business climate.
- Training needs and market trends analyses for employers;
- Customized training programs to enhance/develop workforce skills;
- Pre-employment assessments and customized training/retraining programs for new and expanding companies;
- Short-term specialized courses and programs to prepare individuals for changing careers;
- Certification programs to document skills mastery; and Career enhancement courses and programs for ongoing professional development
- Maintaining active outreach and relationship-building with Valley employers and professional and community organizations;
- Working closely with Workforce Investment Boards and other agencies to support and assist with training/retraining of underemployed, unemployed, and dislocated workers;
- Partnering with area and state economic development offices to support local economic development initiatives;
- Developing training partnerships with community organizations, other institutions, and employers to respond to employer needs, improve coordination, and minimize duplication of services
- Courses, programs, seminars, workshops, and conferences designed to meet personal enrichment and professional growth needs and interests;
- Arrangements for Plecker Workforce Center use by community organizations, businesses, and professional groups;
- Convenient off-campus locations for credit and Continuing Education instruction;
- BRCC Fine Arts Center cultural events and art exhibits; and
- Active involvement by Continuing Education personnel with various community agencies and organizations.
Blue Ridge Community College Workforce & Continuing Education is the central Shenandoah Valley’s provider of choice for employers in need of workforce training and associated services, and for individuals seeking personal enrichment/professional growth opportunities.
Contact Workforce & Continuing Ed
Houff Student Center M-F: 8:15am-5pm
Phone: (540) 453-0264
Fax: (540) 453-2437