Bring your Passion to the Future. Become a Teacher.
With the appropriate qualifications, EducateVA can help you become a licensed teacher in the state of Virginia, while maintaining your current job and responsibilities!
Blue Ridge Community College hosts Career Switchers, a fast-track, alternative licensure program offered through EducateVA, a statewide initiative to address critical shortages in the teaching profession throughout Virginia, allowing you to bring your dream of teaching into reality.
Using a combination of online and on-site instruction, you can complete the teaching certification program within 18 weeks.
Hundreds of people just like you have used EducateVA’s Career Switcher program and are either actively teaching or in the process of obtaining their Virginia teaching license.
EducateVA has a proven track record and success in teacher preparation, so please contact EducateVA today for more information or to begin the process.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Three or more years of full-time work experience
- Passing scores on VCLA and appropriate PRAXIS Subject Assessment.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Do not currently have a Provisional License or expired Provisional License from the VDOE or a teaching license from any other state.
- Complete the 18-week Level One program, which includes 40 hours of classroom experience
- Teach successfully with a provisional license for one full year prior to being recommended for a full ten-year renewable teaching license
- Complete Level Two of the program during the one-year provisional period, which includes Saturday sessions and online training
- Middle School Mathematics (6-8)
- Middle School Science (6-8)
- Middle School English/Lang. Arts (6-8)
- Middle School Social Studies (6-8)
- Mathematics (6-12)
- English (6-12)
- Biology (6-12)
- Chemistry (6-12)
- Earth Science (6-12)
- Physics (6-12)
- World Languages (K-12)
- Health & PE (K-12)
- Social Studies (6-12)
- Technology Education
- Marketing Education
- Business Education
- Family & Consumer Sciences