General Admission Requirements
You must have a high school diploma/its equivalent
be 18 years of age or older, and be able to benefit from a program of study at BRCC.
Apply for Admission
- Apply Online
- Application for Admission - PDF requires Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Application for Admission - (Word -DOC)
Students Planning to Work Towards a Degree, Diploma, or Certificate
- Be admitted to a program
- Show that you are proficient in reading, writing and mathematics by one of the following ways.
- Take the Virginia Placement Test (VPT) in mathematics and/or English OR
- Submit Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) scores of 500/Critical Reading, 500/Writing and 520/Math OR
- Submit ACT scores of 21/Verbal and 21/Quantitative OR
- Submit transcripts showing completion of developmental or college-level English or mathematics classes from another college or university.
Additional Program Admission Requirements
Additional qualifications may be required in specific programs, such as: