All BRCC students enrolled in credit classes are encouraged to get a Student Photo ID Card.
Use your ID Card for
- Riding the Brite Bus – free fare
- Membership at the BRCC Recreation Center (after completing orientation)
- Checking out books at the BRCC Library
Please keep your BRCC ID card on you when you are on campus. You may be asked to present your BRCC ID when taking an exam in the Testing Center.
Apply for a BRCC ID Card and/or Parking Permit
Application form requires MY BRCC account login (need help?). Please allow 24 hours for processing (IDs processed Monday – Thursday only). You will receive an email when your application has been processed, letting you know when and how to pick up from the Public Safety Office.
- Head and face shots only (entire head, face forward)
- Normal facial expressions
- NO dark or tinted glasses
- NO hats, scarves, bandanas, or excessive makeup (Except for religious or cultural preference)
- BRCC reserves the right to reject the photo and request another for your ID.
Trouble Accessing Form?
If you get a message that says you need permission to access the form, the browser may have saved your login credentials for a different account. You’ll need to log out and log in with your VCCS Gmail account (firstname.lastname@example.org) and MY BRCC password.
Instructions for Chrome Browser:
- Go to the top right of your browser window and click on the account icon to see the account logged in.
- If not your VCCS Gmail, choose exit or logout in the pop-up window.
- After exiting, you may see your VCCS account as an option to select to log back in.
- If you do not see your VCCS account as an option after exiting, close the browser and open Chrome again.
- Go to MY BRCC, log in, then click the GMail icon. Return to this page to access the form.
Apply in person, Monday-Thursday from 9 AM-2 PM in G167
Please present government-issued photo identification to pick up your ID card.
ID Card staff will take a passport quality photo for your card, or you may submit a .JPG to email@example.com.
If you lose your ID card, report it immediately to the ID Card office and get a replacement card. If it is a BlueCard with a deposit, log in to the BlueCard Portal and click on the Card Services link at the top to deactivate your card. Your account will be placed on hold until a replacement card is issued.
Lost ID Cards should be submitted to the Lost and Found at the Information Desk in Houff Student Center or to the ID Card office. Lost cards will be sent to the ID Card Office and held until claimed or until the end of the semester.
The college is not responsible for any unauthorized transactions made on BlueCards. (See BlueCard Procedures)
ID Cards &
Houff Student Center
M-Th: 9 a.m.-2 p.m.