Aviation maintenance and commercial pilot programs
Aviation technicians perform scheduled maintenance and trouble-shooting on private planes, corporate jets and helicopters. Graduates of the commercial pilot program can get federal certification to become commercial pilots.
AMT programs have additional admissions requirements.
- Aviation Maintenance Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Airframe Maintenance Certificate
- Powerplant Maintenance Certificate
- Light Sport Aircraft Mechanic Career Studies Certificate
- Commercial Pilot Career Studies Certificate
Distance Learning Program Options
The BRCC AMT program is FAA approved to offer courses via distance delivery. Enrollment is limited. Students participate in live AMT lectures online. Approximately half of the AMT program can be completed online. The remaining laboratory (hands-on) training will be completed at the BRCC AMT facility at Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport in Weyers Cave, Virginia.
Assessments can be taken at proctored locations in your area, or at the BRCC AMT facility at Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport.
- Aviation Maintenance Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree Distance Program
- Airframe Maintenance Certificate Distance Program
- Powerplant Maintenance Certificate Distance Program
AMT classes meet in BRCC's aviation classroom/lab at Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport.
Flight training for the commercial pilot program is provided by Blue Ridge Aviation.
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Approval
BRCC is approved by the Federal Aviation Administration in accordance with Title 14 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 147 as an Aviation Maintenance Training School (AMTS) to offer training that leads to qualification in accordance with Title 14 CFR Part 65.77 for the FAA Mechanic’s Certificate with either or both Airframe and Powerplant ratings.
Additionally, BRCC is approved by the FAA in accordance with Order Number 8000.84A to offer Light Sport Repairman Maintenance Training that leads to qualification for an FAA Repairman Certificate with Light Sport Maintenance Airplane rating.