Aviation Maintenance Program Admissions
Enrollment is limited; applicants must complete the admissions requirements by the program deadlines. We will keep you updated of your application status through your VCCS Gmail.
It is the policy of the BRCC AMT Program to maintain and promote employment opportunity, without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, or handicap. The College is committed to providing equal educational opportunities to students within the BRCC AMT Program service region.
General Admission to the BRCC AMT Program
Any person who has a high school diploma, its equivalent, OR who is 18 years of age and able to benefit from a program of study in the BRCC AMT Program may be admitted. All certificate-seeking students, without a high school diploma or the equivalent, must demonstrate ability to benefit before being accepted to the institution. The BRCC AMT Program will utilize General Education Diploma (GED) tests, independently administered by local agencies, and the College Preparedness tests as evidence of ability to benefit.
The BRCC AMT Program reserves the right to evaluate special cases and to refuse admission to applicants when considered advisable in the best interests of the College. Students also may be denied admission if there is reason to believe that they present a danger to themselves, other students, and/or faculty members.
- Apply for Admission to BRCC5
- Eligible for ENG 111
- Successful completion of MTH 111 or higher before enrollment in AMT courses.
- Review the AMT Admissions Checklist
- Apply for admission to the AMT program. Submit AMT Application to the enrollment specialist
- Complete the Application for Airport Access Identification for Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport and meet with the AMT program head
- Complete a drug screening.
Additional Requirements for Distance Program Applicants
- Complete an interview with a member of the Aviation Maintenance Technology staff (in-person, Skype or phone) AND
- Complete one of the following assessments and send test results to the AMT Program Coordinator:
- Free Dantes Distance Learning Readiness Self-Assessment Online Assessment OR
- Score at the 25 percentile or higher in five areas of the SmarterMeasures Online Student Readiness Assessment
F-1 Visa Students
F-1 Visa International students are eligible to apply for the on-campus AMT Associate of Applied Science Degree Program. Students requiring an F-1 Visa to study in the United States MUST contact Kathy McDaniel (see below) before starting the AMT application process as additional documentation is required.
F-1 Students Contact
New Students Admitted to the Program
If you have completed the AMT admissions process and have been admitted into the program review the following: