Skip to Content

Transfer Advising

Our Associate of Arts (A.A.) and Associate of Science (A.S.) programs let you take your first two years of classes here, earn an associate’s degree, and transfer to a four year school to work on a bachelor’s degree. Virginia state schools usually prefer students to complete a transferable A.A. or A.S. degree instead of transferring course credits for individual courses (Virginia State Policy on College Transfer – PDF requires Adobe Acrobat Reader).

Transfer Advisors

You will need to work with both a BRCC transfer advisor and a transfer advisors from your transfer school to select classes. 

Transfer Guides

Advising guides help you pick courses that will fulfill the degree requirements of BRCC and transfer to your four year school.  Some of these guides are major specific so it’s best to pick your major and four-year school as soon as possible.

Transfer Agreements

There are different types of agreements with four year schools:

  • VCCS articulation agreements – tells you how community college classes will transfer
  • BRCC articulation agreements – tells you how your BRCC courses will transfer
  • Guaranteed Admissions Agreements (GAAs)  – guarantees general admission if you meet all the requirements.

Transfer Virginia

Transfer Virginia provides transparent, accessible, consistent, and current information to students throughout the college selection, enrollment, and transfer process. You can research, plan, and organize your college and transfer journey using the information and resources available within this portal from Virginia’s participating institutions. 

Transfer Support Opportunities

Explore transfer options!

Get in Touch

Please complete the form, we are here to help.

(540) 234-9261
Box 80, One College Lane
Weyers Cave, Virginia 24486

Back to top