You have received this link because a financial aid package has been created for you. Please review all of the information on this page and bookmark it for future reference. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Trouble logging into the MYBRCC Portal?
Technology Services Lab Support
Your Eligibility Requirements & Types of Aid Offered
- Terms and Conditions for Receiving Financial Aid – Important information about eligibility
- Aid Type Descriptions – Information explaining the types of financial aid offered on your financial aid package in the Student Center
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress – You must maintain satisfactory academic progress. Your financial aid package is INVALID if Satisfactory Academic Progress is NOT met.
Awards are based upon Full-Time Attendance
Your awards are based on full-time enrollment at BRCC pursuing an eligible degree or certificate. If you will be enrolled less than full-time, your award will be adjusted after the completion of the College’s Add/Drop period each term (full-time for financial aid is based on 12 or more credit hours per semester). If you fail to begin attendance in any course, your awards will be adjusted to reflect actual course attendance.
How Dropping Credits Affects Your Financial Aid
If you drop below half-time enrollment (6 credit hours) you may be ineligible for aid, including loans. Depending on the time during the semester that you drop a course(s), your aid may be adjusted or cancelled.
Awards May Only be Applied to Eligible Courses
Financial aid may only be used to pay for courses that apply toward the completion of your academic program.
Student Loan Information
If you would like to apply for a Federal Direct Stafford or PLUS Loan please go to our loan information page. Remember a loan must be repaid.
College Work-Study Information
If you would like to apply for employment under the College’s Federal Work-Study Program please visit our work-study information page. Funds are limited and awarded on a first come first served basis.
Charging Textbooks and Supplies to Your Financial Aid Award
Students wishing to charge their textbooks and supplies to their financial aid account may do so through the BRCC Book Store. Please note that if you overcharge your account you will be responsible for prompt repayment. Overcharges usually occur due to changes in enrollment level.
Delivery of Financial Aid Refund/Balance
Financial Aid Awards (minus appropriate tuition and textbook charges) will be processed according to the following approximate dates. Note that attendance must be verified after the College’s census date prior to disbursing funds.
- Fall – Mid-October
- Spring– Mid-March
Please note: Students enrolled in all online classes or all late-starting classes: Financial Aid Refunds will be held until class participation can be verified by the College’s Admission and Records Office.
Return of Federal and State Funds
Federal Title IV financial aid and/or state awards must be recalculated for students who withdraw, drop out, are dismissed or take a leave of absence prior to completing 60 percent of a payment period (term) for which aid has been received.
BRCC does not require students to actively accept financial aid packages. Students should decline any part of their financial aid award that they do not wish to receive in writing. By receiving any financial aid (Federal, State, or Institutional grants, loans or scholarships), I am certifying that I authorize BRCC to automatically transfer, from my financial aid, the amounts necessary to pay for registration fees and/or other obligations or debts owed to the college. I also agree to the statements in the following section.
- I will review this notice in its entirety, including information in linked pages.
- I will use all financial aid only for costs pertaining to higher education attendance.
- I may not receive aid from more than one college for the same or overlapping terms of attendance.
- I agree to pay my tuition, fees, and bookstore charges in full upon notice from the College if I lose eligibility for the aid awarded or fail to abide by the terms and conditions for receiving the awards.
- I authorize that the financial aid funds that I have accepted may be used to pay for other institutional charges in addition to tuition, fees and approved bookstore charges.
- I understand that my aid may be adjusted if I make revisions to my FAFSA or enrollment.
- I will inform the Financial Aid Office of any changes regarding my enrollment and residency.
- I will inform the Financial Aid Office of any outside educational assistance I receive, such as outside scholarships or account payments.
- I understand that financial aid is not allowed to cover audited courses.
- I understand that Blue Ridge Community College reserves the right to reduce the Financial Aid Awards if state/federal funding changes