The BRCC Educational Foundation, Inc. provides academic and need-based scholarships. The Foundation is a charitable, non-profit corporation that provides a venue for individuals, organizations, business, and industry to contribute to the College.
How to Apply
- Complete the Scholarship Application.
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - optional but strongly recommended. Many of the scholarships are based in part on financial need. A FAFSA may be submitted online at the FAFSA website. For more information call our Scholarship Coordinator at (540) 453-2223.
Scholarship Applications for the 2016-2017 award year must be submitted online at the Scholarship Application Website. To access the application, log in with your MYBRCC username and password. Application deadline is April 15 each year. We review scholarship applications on the basis of:
- FAFSA data
- specific scholarship criteria
- academic achievement
- financial need
- extracurricular activities
- community involvement
A minimum 2.0 GPA is required to receive and maintain a scholarship award, unless otherwise specified in the scholarship criteria description. Blue Ridge Community College reserves the right to adjust scholarship award amounts, as well as to revise the number of scholarships offered, without notice.
- Complete the online Scholarship Application by the April 15 deadline.
- File a FAFSA by March 15. Nearly half of all of our scholarships use FAFSA information in the selection process.
- Write your scholarship application essay. The essay is a critical part of the process because often, scholarship committees value the content in student essays more than GPAs and class rank. Explain your educational and career goals. Tell how receiving scholarship assistance would help you reach your educational goals. Make sure your essay is grammatically correct.
- For letters of recommendation, select two individuals who know you and your accomplishments well. Teachers, athletic coaches, club advisors, employers, or volunteer work supervisors make excellent choices; family members do not. Also, make sure you give those you’ve asked for recommendation letters sufficient time to complete them. Obtain an email address from your references so that they may respond to your request.