Steps for F-1 Visa International Student Application Process
(All forms and documents may be uploaded to our secure portal at DropSecure.)
PDFs require Acrobat Reader
- Refer to the Prospective F-1 International Student Letter – PDF for complete details on the BRCC F-1 Visa student application process.
- Complete Online BRCC Application for Admission.
- Complete and submit Supplemental Form for I-20 Application – PDF.
- Complete and submit Maintaining F-1 Visa Status Form – PDF.
- International Transcripts (high school equivalency): BRCC should receive documentation that the student has completed the equivalency of an American high diploma, regardless of your country of origin. Please work with an approved credentialing agency to submit this information directly to BRCC. BRCC recommends a course-by-course detailed evaluation for high school-level equivalency but will also accept a summary report for our general admissions process. To find an approved credentialing agency, please visit the National Association of Credentials Evaluation Services website.
- International Transcripts (college/university coursework): If you wish to apply any credits from a non-U.S. college or university toward your program of study at BRCC, we must receive an evaluation of the transcript(s) from an approved credentialing agency. For college-level courses, you must request a “course-by-course evaluation.” To find an approved credentialing agency, please visit the National Association of Credentials Evaluation Services website.
- Please have an official transcript from each U.S.-based college or university you have attended sent directly to BRCC. If you are currently attending a U.S. college or university, we also must receive the International Student Transfer Information Request Form – PDF. Please have your P/DSO in your international student services department complete this form and send directly to BRCC International Admissions.
- All F-1 Visa international students must demonstrate English proficiency for direct placement into our College Composition I Class (ENG 111) as a degree-seeking student. BRCC accepts the following internationally-recognized standardized tests for demonstrating this proficiency. Listed below are the tests and score minimums:
|TOEFL iBT (preferred test)||90|
|Duolingo English Test||115|
Please request that your official scores be sent directly to Blue Ridge Community College from your test provider. Please note that lower scores may be considered on a case-by-case basis in consultation with our English/ESL Faculty and the student’s educational evaluation from an approved credentialing service. (See www.naces.org for approved agencies.) In addition, official SAT, ACT, AP, IB, Cambridge International AS & A Level Exams testing, or transferable college coursework from an American-based university may be used for demonstrating required proficiency. Please email the International Admissions Contact listed on this webpage to discuss your testing and educational background.
- You must supply verification of financial support sufficient to enroll as a full-time student without the need to work off campus. Please complete our Verification of Support and Funding forms – PDF. This information must be in English and U.S. dollars ($). It is important that monies be readily available to students at time of registration. BRCC must receive the originals of this documentation. However, you should keep copies for your Visa interview process and entry into the United States.