The 2024-2025 BRCC Educational Foundation Scholarship Application is now open. Scholarships are for students who will be attending classes Fall 2024, Spring 2025.
- March 29, 2024 High School Priority Date Deadline EXTENDED!
- May 15, 2024 General Application Deadline
- Scholarship Application Website (log in with your MYBRCC username and password).
- BRCC Scholarships
- Outside Scholarships Bulletin Board – listings of private scholarships from outside BRCC can be found at the bottom of the modules page on the BRCC Virtual Student Union Canvas page.
The BRCC Educational Foundation, Inc. is a charitable, nonprofit corporation that provides academic and need-based scholarships through the generosity of its donors.
How to Apply
- Complete the Scholarship Application. Only complete the application if you are applying for the 2024-2025 academic year scholarships.
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – optional but strongly recommended. Nearly half of all of our scholarships use FAFSA information in the selection process.
- Make your essay count. Scholarship committees truly want to know how receiving scholarship funds can help you reach your educational goals. Explain how receiving funding will impact you in your education and career. Make sure your essay is grammatically correct.
- Choose your recommenders well. Select two individuals who know you and your accomplishments well to provide your recommendation letters. Teachers, athletic coaches, club advisors, employers, or volunteer work supervisors make excellent choices; family members do not. Let your recommenders know you have chosen them, obtain their e-mail addresses, and be sure to give them plenty of time.
- We look at a variety of factors. Scholarships applications are reviewed on the basis of completeness, academic achievement, essay quality, FAFSA/financial need data, extracurricular activities, and community involvement
- A minimum 2.0 GPA is required to receive a scholarship award, unless otherwise specified in the scholarship criteria description.
- Scholarships are generally nonrenewable. You must apply each year you attend BRCC to receive scholarships.
- Blue Ridge Community College reserves the right to adjust scholarship award amounts, as well as to revise the number of scholarships offered, without notice.
For more information, contact: