Federal Financial Aid: To be considered for any federal financial aid programs at Blue Ridge Community College, you must:
- Have a high school diploma or GED, or have completed a home school curriculum.
- Be enrolled in an approved, aid-eligible degree program.
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident.*
- Have a valid Social Security Number. Exceptions to this rule are students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau.
- Not be in default of a Federal Student or Parent loan, or owe a refund to any post-secondary institution.
- Maintain minimum requirements of Satisfactory Academic Progress to remain eligible for any grant, loan, or work assistance.
State Financial Aid: The following requirements for financial aid funded by the Commonwealth of Virginia differ slightly from the requirements for federal student aid:
- Register for Selective Service. Students between the ages of 18 and 25 who were assigned male at birth must be registered with Selective Service to be eligible for state financial aid.
- Either be a US citizen or permanent resident, OR be eligible for in-state tuition through the Tuition Equity Provision available for certain noncitizen students.
Please note that all financial aid awards are based on assumed full-time enrollment. Some awards will be prorated or not available if you attend part-time.