High School Career Coaches
Blue Ridge Community College partners with local school divisions in Augusta County, Rockingham County, Staunton, Harrisonburg, and Waynesboro to provide career coaching services in all 12 public high schools.
BRCC Career Coach services include but are not limited to:
- Individual and small group career assessment
- Career Exploration – informational interviews, job shadowing, internships, & interacting with local business and industry
- Developing and updating career plans
- Guidance on programs of study – certifications, career & technical centers, community colleges, & four year colleges and universities
- Help with the college & financial aid application processes
- Mock interviewing skills and resume & cover letter development
- Soft Skills – communication, problem solving, work ethic, time management and self-awareness
Areas of focus
While BRCC high school career coaches may provide services to all students in the high school their primary focus is on serving the middle majority students – 2.0 – 3.0 GPA first generation, ESL, and the economically disadvantaged.
Career Coach Contact Information
Get on the right career path. Contact your BRCC high school career coach today!
|High School||Career Coach||Phone||Email Address|
|Buffalo Gap||Beth Metcalfeemail@example.com|
|East Rockingham||Jessica Bakerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fort Defiance||Lindsey Baileyemail@example.com|
|Stuarts Draft||Margo McIntirefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Turner Ashby||Liz Whiston-Deanemail@example.com|
|Wilson Memorial||Sarah Morrisfirstname.lastname@example.org|