Transfer Virginia provides transparent, accessible, consistent, and current information to students throughout the college selection, enrollment, and transfer process. You can research, plan, and organize your college and transfer journey using the information and resources available within this portal from Virginia’s participating institutions.
A to-do list to keep you on track:
4 semesters before transfer
- Speak to a BRCC Academic Advisor to choose your major.
- Meet with your 4-year school’s Transfer Advisor.
- Read the Transfer Agreement or Guaranteed Admissions Agreement for your 4-year school.
- Use a Transfer Advising Guide to pick the right BRCC courses for your major.
- Learn about general education and other requirements at the institution(s) you are considering.
- Begin looking for scholarships, discounts and other ways to meet costs.
- Many programs require Math, English, Social Sciences, and Lab Sciences, so begin those courses as early as possible.
3 semesters before transfer
- Continue working with your BRCC Academic or Transfer Advisor.
- Decide which 4-year school is best for you and visit the campus.
- If required, complete a letter of intent for your chosen institution. Contact the Transfer Advisor for your respective school to complete this.
- Use the 4-year schools’ Transfer Guides to pick the right BRCC courses.
- Look up your future institution’s academic calendars and deadlines.
2 semesters before transfer
- Complete transferable coursework and Apply for Graduation.
- Continue taking courses that will transfer to your major.
- Submit your admission application, financial aid application and official transcripts to the 4-year schools you are considering.
- Once admitted to the institution, complete any specific scholarship and housing applications.
1 semester before transfer
Check your Student Information System account to verify there are no financial/administrative holds on your student record.
Have your final official BRCC transcript sent to your 4-year school.