The following VCCS (Virginia Community College System) courses are transferable to any Virginia public institution of higher education and will, with a few exceptions (view below), satisfy a lower-division general education requirement.
ENG 111 – College Composition I
Humanities, Fine Arts, History
- ART 101 – History and Appreciation of Art I
- ART 102 – History and Appreciation of Art II
- ART 201 – History of Art I
- ART 202 – History of Art II
- HIS 111 – History of World Civilization I
- HIS 112 – History of World Civilization II
- HIS 121 – United States History I
- HIS 122 – United States History II
Social and Behavioral Sciences
- ECO 201 – Principles of Macroeconomics
- PLS 135 – American National Politics
- PLS 211 – U.S. Government I
- PSY 200 – Principles of Psychology
- SOC 211 – Principles of Anthropology I
- BIO 101 – General Biology I
- CHM 101 – Introductory Chemistry I CHM 111 – General Chemistry I
- MTH 154 – Quantitative Reasoning MTH 155 – Statistical Reasoning
- MTH 161/162 – Precalculus I/ Precalculus II
- MTH 167 – Precalculus with Trigonometry MTH 245 – Statistics I
- MTH 261 – Applied Calculus I
- MTH 263/264 – Calculus I/Calculus II
- JMU does not accept ENG 111 toward satisfaction of general education requirements.
- CNU does not accept MTH 154 toward satisfaction of general education requirements.
- W&M does not have a college-wide general education composition requirement. ENG 111 will not count toward satisfaction of general education requirements but students will receive generalized credit for the course.