Students must submit documentation of a disability by a qualified professional before academic accommodations can be requested. Qualified professional evaluations by physicians, psychologists, audiologists, etc., must have been completed within the last three years.

The most helpful documentation includes assessment results, clinical observations, and support recommendations addressing the impact of the disability on academic success.

A high school IEP or 504 plan may not be sufficient documentation for accommodations, nor do approved accommodations from other academic settings automatically transfer to BRCC.

The disability services coordinator will authorize accommodations based on documentation review and an interview with the student.