Recreation & Fitness Center Student Workers
BRCC is currently recruiting student workers for part-time positions in our new Recreation and Fitness Center.
- Provide quality customer service
- Monitor front desk, fitness and recreation areas
- Maintain clean, safe environment for the customers
- Clean equipment in the fitness areas
- Clean fitness and recreation areas
- Replace any equipment to original location
- Help customers develop safe habits in use of equipment and machines
- Report any unsafe conditions to Senior Staff and the Director of the Center
- Provide fitness instruction as qualified
- Provide students’ point of view for the vision of the center
- Supervise intramural contests as needed
- Provide orientation sessions to the center
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work schedule may be flexible based on students’ class schedule, however, early morning, evening, and weekend hours may be possible. Will typically work 10-15 hours per week; anticipated pay rate $8.00/hour. Fitness Training and First Aid, AED, CPR certifications preferred, but not required.
These positions ARE NOT being recruited through the state’s online electronic application system. To apply, access a “Paper Application for Employment” on the BRCC Employment website Fully complete the Application For Employment and return by April 10, 2015 to:
Fitness & Recreation Center Director
Blue Ridge Community College
PO Box 80
Weyers Cave, VA 24486
Questions, call (540) 453-2316. BRCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and auxiliary aids & services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Positions open until filled.