Workforce Training Financial Assistance
Blue Ridge Community College has funding to provide financial assistance to students enrolled in certain noncredit programs leading to industry-recognized credentials.
Awards are based on financial need. Eligible annual household incomes below $23,540 for one person up to $81,780 for a family of eight. Funds awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Minimum requirements for financial assistance
- US citizen or eligible noncitizen.
- Minimum 18 years of age; OR completed high school graduation requirements.
- Be domiciled in Virginia
- Virginia resident for at least one full year prior to enrollment.
Other factors will also be used to determine eligibility.
- Career Switchers (Teacher Certification)
- Certified Nurse Aide
- Certified Professional Coder
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Commercial Driver’s License (Class A or Class B)
- Customer Services and Sales Certification – (Introduction and/or Advanced)
- Manufacturing Technician (MS & MT1)
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Office Assistant – must complete Medical Office Operations, Medical Office Reception, and Medical Terminology
- Pharmacy Technician (National or Virginia certification)
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Registered Medical Assistant -- must complete, CPR for Healthcare Providers, Fundamentals of Medical Assisting, Medical Office Operations, Medical Office Reception, Medical Terminology, and Advanced Medical Assisting
- Soldering Certification – must complete Introduction to Soldering, IPC-A-610 Soldering, and J-STD-001 Soldering classes
- Welding – must complete Fundamentals of Welding
Application FormNoncredit Financial Aid Application Form and eligibility information - PDF (requires Acrobat Reader)
Workforce Certification Classes
View current classes being offered by topic.View Classes