Noncredit Financial Assistance
Blue Ridge Community College now has funding to provide financial assistance to students enrolled in certain noncredit programs leading to industry-recognized credentials. Awards are based on financial need, with eligible annual household incomes ranging from below $23,540 for one person, up to $81,780 for a family of eight. BRCC will award available funds on a first-come, first-served basis.
The minimum requirements for financial assistance are: US citizen or eligible noncitizen, at least 18 years of age; or completed high school graduation requirements, a Virginia resident for at least one full year prior to enrollment. Other factors will also be used to determine eligibility. Training funds are now available for:
- Certified Professional Coder
- Commercial Driver’s License (Class A or Class B )
- Fundamentals of Medical Assisting
- Machining – must complete Fundamentals of Fabrication and Introduction to Machine Tool Practice
- Medical Office Assistant – must complete Medical Office Operations, Medical Office Reception, and Medical Terminology
- Personal Fitness Trainer
- Pharmacy Technician (National or Virginia certification)
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Welding – must complete Basic and Intermediate courses
BRCC is working to add certification training in customer service, forklift operation, manufacturing, pipe welding and registered medical assisting to this list of courses approved for financial aid. Application form and full details are available online. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540/453-2215.