Virginia Residency

Married Students

If you are married, you may establish domicile (residency) like any other student. Your domicile is not automatically altered by marriage; however, if you receive substantial financial support from your spouse, you may claim domicile through that spouse. In such cases, BRCC will look at your spouse's domicile to determine if you are eligible for in-state tuition.