Medical Coding: Hospital
Career Studies Certificate
Possible occupations for graduates: ICD-9/10 coding for hospital applications/preparation for the Certified Coding Associate and/or Certified Coding Specialist exams.
See the catalog for complete program information/curriculum notes.
(Course Number, Course Title, Credits)
- HLT 143 Medical Terminology I, 3 cr
- BIO 141 Anatomy and Physiology I, 4 cr
- HIM 253 Coding for Health Records (Emphasizes ICD-9/10), 4 cr
- HLT 144 Medical Terminology II, 3 cr
- BIO 142 Anatomy and Physiology II, 4 cr
- HIM 254 Advanced Coding and Reimbursement (Emphasizes CPT), 4 cr
- HIM 190 Coordinated Internship, 2 cr
Total credits required: 24