Congratulations! You’ve been admitted to BRCC for the first time in Fall 2015.
If you’ve received an acceptance Email from us and have taken your placement tests (if required), you’re ready to sign up for a Group Advising and Registration Session (GARS)*.
At GARS you will:
- get academic advising
- learn how to use the Student Information System
- register for Fall classes
*Students taking classes but not planning to earn a certificate, diploma, or degree, and students in Aviation Maintenance or Automotive Technology do not need to attend GARS. Please call Nicole Stephens at (540) 453-2523 for your registration details.
Workshop Registration Information
Before going to the sign up form, make sure you:
- know your Student ID (EMPLID) - look it up on MYBRCC.
- know which program you're interested in - Programs & Majors.
If you require special assistance related to a disability, please contact Patricia Boyd, Disability Services Coordinator.
RSVP: Click on session date and time to reserve your space.
|Session||Sign Up Deadline|
Fri. April 10, 1:00-4:00 p.m.
(JMU advisor available)
|Monday, March 30 by Noon (75 seats)|
Fri. April 24, 1:00-4:00 p.m.
(JMU advisor available)
|Monday, April 13 by Noon (75 seats)|
- Student number (EMPLID)
- MYBRCC User Name and Password
- Official High School transcript (Required for Vet Tech, Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, Radiographic Technology, Funeral Services programs)
- SAT or ACT scores (if you were exempt from taking the Virginia Placement Test – VPT)
- Advanced Placement scores from College Board, if applicable and available
- College transcripts (if transferring coursework from a non-Virginia Community College)
|12:30-1:00 p.m.||Check-in Robert E. Plecker Center|
|1:20-1:40 p.m.||Career Services Presentation|
|1:40-1:45 p.m.||Transition to Advising Classrooms|
|1:45-2:30 p.m.||Pre-advising Session|
|2:30-4:00 p.m.||Enroll in Fall Semester Courses|
Since each GARS session has limited seating, it is important that you attend your registered session. Failing to cancel your registration means we aren’t able to offer your slot to another incoming student. If you find that you are unable to attend, please contact Nicole Stephens in advance at (540) 453-2523 to cancel your registration.
Students who miss their registered session and don’t call in advance to cancel will have to delay until June 1 to meet with an academic advisor to secure their fall semester classes.