If you want to pay tuition in monthly installments, you can enroll in NELNET Business Solutions' payment plan. NELNET charges an enrollment fee for their services.
- When to Enroll
- How to Enroll
- Payment Schedule
- Making Payments
- Adding/Dropping Classes
- Terminating Your Contract
- Terms and Conditions
You must register for classes before you can enroll in the plan.
- Log into MYBRCC and go to the Student Information System (SIS) .
- Click on the SIS "Student Center" and then click the "Apply Nelnet Payment Plan" link or the "Account Inquiry" link.
Available March 24, 2014
|Last Day to Enroll Online||Required Down Payment||Number of Payments||Months of Payments||Enrollment Fee|
|April 10||20%||3||April - June 20||$40|
|May 9||40%||2||May - June 20||$45|
|May 23||60%||1||June 20 only||$45|
Available July 1, 2014
|Available Dates||Required Down Payment||Number of Additional Payments||Months of Payments -20th of month||FACTS Enrollment Fee|
|July 1 - July 10||20%||3||Jul - Sept||$40|
|July 11 - Aug 11||40%||2||Aug & Sept||$45|
|Aug 12 - Sept 3||60%||1||Sept only||$45|
When will my down payment be taken?
Down payments are withdrawn from the account you specified within 24 hours of submitting your agreement.
When will payments be deducted from my account?
Payments are deducted on the 20th of the specified month(s) in the payment schedule.
Will I be notified when payments are withdrawn from my account?
You will receive an email confirmation from Nelnet when payments are withdrawn.
What forms of payment can be used for the Tuition Payment Plan?
Nelnet currently accepts payment from your checking and savings accounts. Credit card payments may be made with American Express, Discover and MasterCard only. VISA has chosen not to participate in our program.
I only have a Visa credit card/debit card. Can I still enroll in a Tuition Payment Plan?
Yes, however transactions must be processed as an e-check. You must enter your bank’s routing number and your account number. Do not enter your VISA debit card number. Nelnet does not accept any VISA card information.
I am adding or dropping classes. Will my payment plan agreement automatically be adjusted?
Yes. We run a process to update your Nelnet contract balance to match your current SIS tuition and fee balance. The balance adjustment will affect the amount of your payment installment.
I have dropped my classes, when do I get my refund?
Refunds are issued approximately 75 days after the last day to drop with a refund.
To terminate your contract, you must call Student Financials at least 4 business days before the scheduled payment date. Call us at 540-453-2296.
Students must accept the following terms and conditions to qualify for the Tuition Payment Plan:
- I understand that I must enroll in the Tuition Payment Plan prior to payment deadlines established by Blue Ridge Community College each semester.
- I understand that adding or dropping classes will change my contract balance and my installment payments will be automatically adjusted.
- I understand that if I add classes and wish Nelnet to reflect this increase, I may need to give written authorization to BRCC.
- I understand that if my down payment or enrollment fee fail to process for any reason, my agreement will automatically be terminated by Nelnet.
- I understand that my agreement is with the Nelnet and that my payment plan contract may be cancelled by Nelnet at any time if I am not current on all payments due.
- I understand if my contract with Nelnet is terminated for any reason, I must pay my tuition and fees to Blue Ridge Community College by the established payment deadline or my enrollment will be cancelled.
- I understand that refunds for dropped classes or terminated contracts will be sent to the student by Blue Ridge Community College approximately 75 days after the last day to drop with a refund.