Tuition Payment Plan
Tuition Management System (TMS) has been chosen as our exclusive payment plan administrator. As a result, we will no longer be offering the services of Nelnet Business Solutions.
TMS monthly payment plan allows you to spread your education expenses over smaller installments, which are paid over the course of the semester. The cost to participate is a $35 to $45 non-refundable enrollment fee per semester, depending on the number of payments. If a credit card is used a 2.5% service fee will be assessed on each transaction.
- When to Enroll
- How to Enroll
- Payment Schedule
- Making Payments
- Add/Drop Classes
- Terminating Your Contract
- Terms and Conditions
When to Enroll in the Plan
You must register for classes before you can enroll in the plan.
How to Enroll in the Plan
- Log in to MYBRCC nd go to the Student Information System (SIS).
- Click on the Self Service> “Student Center” and then click the “Apply TMS Payment Plan” link. You will leave the BRCC website and go to the TMS website. You must complete and confirm all 8 enrollment steps on the TMS site.
TMS Payment Schedule
Available July 1, 2015
|Available Dates||Required Down Payment||Number of Additional Payments||Months of Payments -20th of month||TMS Enrollment Fee|
|Jul 1–Jul 5||20%||4||Jul 20, Aug 20, Sept 20, Oct 20||$35|
|Jul 6-Aug 5||40%||3||Aug 20, Sept 20, Oct 20||$35|
|Aug 6-Aug 29||50%||2||Sept 20, Oct 20||$40|
When will my down payment/deposit be taken?
Down payments are withdrawn from the account you specified within 24 hours of submitting your agreement.
When will payments be deducted from my account?
Payments are deducted on the 20th of the specified month(s) in the payment schedule.
Will I be notified when payments are withdrawn from my account?
You will receive an email confirmation from TMS when payments are withdrawn.
What forms of payment can be used for the Tuition Payment Plan?
TMS accepts payment from your checking and savings accounts. Credit card payments may be made with Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. There is a 2.5% service fee for each credit card transaction.
Add or Drop Classes
If I add or drop classes, or have financial aid adjustments, can I adjust my payment plan?
It will be the student’s responsibility to manage their TMS account online when enrollment levels increase/decrease in order to prevent enrollment cancellation.
Getting a Refund
I have dropped my classes; when do I get my refund?
Refunds are issued approximately 75 days after the last day to drop with a refund.
Terminating your TMS Contract
Students may terminate their contract online through their TMS account or by contacting TMS customer service @ 1-800-337-0291.
Terms and Conditions
Students must accept the following terms and conditions to qualify for the Tuition Payment Plan:
- I understand that I must enroll in the TMS Tuition Payment Plan prior to payment deadlines established by Blue Ridge Community College each semester.
- I understand that changes to my enrollment will not automatically change my payment plan contract amount, but that I will be responsible to make the changes to my TMS payment plan via the payment plan portal.
- I understand that after the last day to increase payment plan contract amounts, I am responsible for paying the college directly for any additional classes or those classes will be dropped.
- I understand that notification of any changes to my agreement made by TMS or the college will be sent to the responsible party email address only.
- I understand that if my down payment or enrollment fee fail to process for any reason, my agreement will automatically be terminated by TMS and they will notify me by email using the responsible party email address.
- I understand TMS will also notify the college and any unpaid classes will be dropped.
- I understand that my agreement is with TMS, and that my payment plan contract may be cancelled by TMS at any time if I am not current on all payments due.
- I understand if my contract with TMS is terminated for any reason, I must pay my tuition and fees to Blue Ridge Community College by the established payment deadline or my enrollment will be cancelled.
- I understand that my failure to pay fees owed to TMS, or otherwise defaulting on my agreement with TMS, will result in a hold being placed on my student account which will deny future services.
- I understand that refunds for dropped classes or terminated contracts will be sent to the students by Blue Ridge Community College approximately 75 days after the last day to drop with a refund.