Tracking code for Google Analytics only.

Academic Advising

Transfer Advising

Our College/University Transfer programs let you take your first two years of classes here, earn an associates degree, and transfer to a four year school to work on a bachelor’s degree. Virginia state schools usually prefer if you transfer in with the A.A.&S. degree instead of transferring course credits (Virginia State Policy on College Transfer - PDF requires Adobe Acrobat Reader).  Choose your courses carefully and contact a transfer advisor as soon as possible.

Advising Guides

Advising guides help you pick courses that will fulfill the degree requirements of BRCC and transfer to your four year school.  Some of these guides are major specific so it's best to pick your major and four-year school as soon as possible.

Admissions Agreements

There are different types of agreements with four year schools:

  • VCCS articulation agreements - tells you how community college classes will transfer
  • BRCC articulation agreements - tells you how your BRCC courses will transfer
  • Guaranteed Admissions Agreements (GAAs)  - guarantees general admission if you meet all the requirements.

Transfer Advisors

A BRCC transfer advisor and transfer advisors from several area four year schools are available in the Transfer Center on the Weyers Cave campus.  Contact information is available for other transfer advisors is provided on the Transfer Program website

Adult Degree Programs

If you already have some college credits, you may also be interested in an Adult Degree Program: