Handouts that cover the variety of methods used for accessing information in the library and on the Web.
- Explanation of the Library of Congress Classification System
- Evaluating Web Sites
- Subject Guide to Online Periodical Databases
- Title List of Online Periodical Databases
- Subject Guide to Online Reference Sources
Interactive exercises to help you navigate in the library and use the search tools and databases that you'll need.
- BRCC's Houff Library's online tutorial - updated version coming fall 2014 (watch for the trailer!) We know the library website has changed since this tutorial was created, so please come to the Library for assistance.
- Citation: A (Very) Short Introduction
- Peer Review in 3 Minutes
- One Perfect Source?
- From Idea to Library
Houff Library strongly believes in the Association of College and Research Libraries' standards for information literacy. As a result, you must attend an information literacy session before completing the library quiz (select format):
If your class is not scheduled for a information literacy session you can watch the Library's ONLINE TUTORIAL. updated version coming fall 2014 (watch for the trailer!) We know the library website has changed since this tutorial was created, so please come to the Library for assistance.
If you are are using a computer off-campus, follow the Remote Access Instructions.
Evaluation - We would appreciate your feedback on our information literacy sessions. Please fill out this short online Information Literacy Session Evaluation.