Handouts that cover the variety of methods used for accessing information in the library and on the web.
- Explanation of the Library of Congress Classification System
- Evaluating Web Sites
- Subject Guide to Online Periodical Databases
- Title List of Online Periodical Databases
- Subject Guide to Online Reference Sources
Interactive exercises to help you navigate in the library and use the search tools and databases that you'll need.
- BRCC's Houff Library's online tutorial - updated version coming summer 2014
Houff Library strongly believes in the Association of College and Research Libraries' standards for information literacy. As a result, you must attend an information literacy session before completing the library quiz (select format):
If your class is not scheduled for a information literacy session you can watch the Library's ONLINE TUTORIAL.
If you are are using a computer off-campus, follow the Remote Access Instructions.
Evaluation - We would appreciate your feedback on our information literacy sessions. Please fill out this short online Information Literacy Session Evaluation.