Handouts and online resources that cover the variety of methods used for accessing information in the library and on the Web.
- Explanation of the Library of Congress Classification System
- Evaluating Web Sites
- Subject Guide to Online Periodical Databases
- Title List of Online Periodical Databases
- Subject Guide to Online Reference Sources
- Style Manuals
Interactive exercises to help you navigate in the library and use the search tools and databases that you'll need.
- BRCC's Houff Library's online tutorial The library website has changed significantly since this tutorial was created, so please come to the Library for assistance.
- Citation: A (Very) Short Introduction
- Peer Review in 3 Minutes
- One Perfect Source?
- From Idea to Library
Houff Library strongly believes in the Association of College and Research Libraries' standards for information literacy. As a result, you must attend an information literacy session before completing the library quiz (select format):
Evaluation - We would appreciate your feedback on our information literacy sessions. Please fill out this short online Information Literacy Session Evaluation.