Two semesters before you plan to finish
Check your status
- Run your degree progress report in SIS>Degree Progress/Graduation
- Transfer credits from other schools attended (if applicable)
Apply for graduation
Fill out form in the Student Information System (SIS)>Degree Progress/Graduation>Apply for Graduation before the deadlines:
- Spring graduation: April 1
- Summer graduation: July 15
- Fall graduation: November 15
Two to three weeks after applying, you will receive an Email in your VCCS Gmail account stating whether you have any outstanding requirements. For this to be an accurate audit of your status, please apply to graduate after you have registered for any remaining requirements of your program. It is recommended that you apply to graduate 2-3 week before the start of your final semester to allow our reviewers to return your audit before it is too late to make changes to your schedule. Note: You must be enrolled in a program before applying for graduation.
Complete academic requirements
- Finish all classes and other requirements for your program as listed in BRCC Catalog* and graduation advising email
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA (grade point average)
*See catalog used for graduation
Fulfill obligations to BRCC
You won’t be able to graduate if you have holds on your account for obligations.
- Pay outstanding bills
- Return library books and supplies
Take general assessment
If you’ve applied for graduation with an associate’s degree, you’ll need to take a proctored and timed general assessment during your last semester. Watch for an Email listing the available times.
10-12 weeks after your last semester
Diplomas listing your major will be mailed to your address as listed in SIS. Make sure your address in SIS is accurate.
Your degree, including major and any specialization, will be added to your permanent record and will appear on your transcript.