Graduation Academic Requirements
You are responsible for knowing and fulfilling all graduation requirements. To receive an associate’s degree, diploma, certificate, or career studies certificate from the College, a student must:
- fulfill all course and credit hour requirements as specified in the appropriate College catalog, according to the catalog used for graduation policy.
- be currently active in the program on your graduation application. Your application will be returned if you are not in a program.
- complete, at the College, a minimum of 25% of the total credit hours required in the curriculum;
- have a grade point average of at least 2.0 in all courses attempted which are applicable toward graduation in the curriculum;
- complete a general education assessment test provided by the College during the semester of graduation (All DEGREE graduate candidates only). The assessment helps us measure achievement in general education in order to evaluate the College’s academic programs. Failure to complete this requirement will prevent you from graduating. If you take this assessment and don’t graduate, it will be good for two following semesters only. After that, you will need to re-take the assessment in order to graduate.
- complete “Transcript Evaluation Request Form,” and have copies of your official transcripts mailed to BRCC Admissions & Records Office if you have transfer credits coming from another college. If you completed courses at another Virginia community college, we can use the VCCS electronic transcript after you have completed the Evaluation Request Form, so an official print copy is not necessary. Only grades of “C” or higher will transfer.