Group Fitness Instructor
The Group Fitness Instructor will be responsible for leading group fitness classes throughout the semester held at the Blue Ridge Community College Recreation Center. The instructor must be qualified to lead at least one of the following classes offered: yoga, self-defense, circuit training, spin, and Zumba. The duties of the group fitness instructor include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide a safe and fun environment for every class participant
- Promote knowledge of proper group fitness components, i.e.: warm up, aerobic exercise, flexibility, strength training, cool down, etc.
- Knowledgeable in techniques and dynamics of Group Fitness
- Provide excellent customer service to the patrons
- Maintain the Group Fitness equipment and room
- Knowledge of the Recreation Center’s policies and procedures
- Participate in Continuing Education Credits (CEC's or CEU's) in order to maintain certification
- Must have and maintain a current Fitness or Group Fitness related certification
- Must have a current First Aid certification or equivalent
- Must have a current Adult CPR certification or equivalent
- The instructor must be able to lift 25lbs or more
- The instructor must be able to help participants when needed
- The instructor must have a high degree of energy, be physically fit, and possess the endurance to complete the workout
If you are interested in applying as a Group Fitness Instructor or have any other questions, please contact Laurie Miller via Email at email@example.com.