Motorcycle Rider Skills Training
Jump Start Course
If you’ve never ridden a motorcycle or driven a vehicle with manual transmission, the smaller class size and slower pace of Jump Start class is designed just for you. Or, if you’ve attempted the BRC, and need a bit more practice to get up to speed, try Jump Start. No tests, no completion cards…and no pressure! Experience the fun!
Meets: Sunday, Jun 15, BRCC Weyers Cave Campus Room A106, 8-11 am (#15673) OR 12-3 pm (#15678)
Fee: $79; motorcycles and helmets provided
Virginia Rider Training Program
The following Virginia Rider Training Program courses are co-sponsored by the BRCC Continuing Education Division and the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles.
Beginning Rider Course
Learn entry-level skills such as effective turning, braking and obstacle avoidance, plus develop safe street-riding strategies. Successful completion of this course waives the Virginia DMV knowledge exam and road test, with the completion certificate serving as a 30-day Virginia two-wheeled motorcycle license, subject to Virginia DMV age requirements. Visit the Virginia DMV Website for additional information. Licensing requirements vary; please check with your state of legal residence.
- Pre-registration is required for all motorcycle courses.
- Participants must be at least 16 years old, eligible to receive a motorcycle license.
- Students under 19 must complete the classroom portion of driver education before taking the BRC; there is a waiting period prior to licensure. Visit www.dmvnow.com for full details.
- Students under age 18 must have written parental permission.
- Motorcycle license/learner’s permit is NOT required.
- Motorcycles and helmets are provided.
- Required riding gear: boots/shoes that cover ankle; riding gloves covering entire hand; long pants; long-sleeved shirt/jacket; sunglasses/eyeglasses.
$125; Saturday/Sunday 7:30 am-5 pm BRCC Weyers Cave A106. Motorcycles and helmets provided.
- 57592; Apr 5-6 FULL
- 57621; Apr 12-13 FULL
- 57625; Apr 26-27 FULL
- 57628; May 3-4 FULL
- 15664; May 17-18 FULL
- 15665; May 31-Jun 1 FULL
- 15666; Jun 7-8 FULL
- 15667; Jun 21-22 FULL
- 15668; Jun 28-29 FULL
- 15669; Jul 19-20 FULL
- 15670; Jul 26-27 FULL
- 15671; Aug 2-3 FULL
- 11478; Aug 16-17 FULL
- 11479; Aug 23-24 FULL
- 11480; Sep 13-14
- 11481; Sep 20-21
- 11482; Sep 27-28
- 11483; Oct 4-5
Experienced Rider Course
Learn advanced riding techniques and enhanced street-riding skills in this vital one-day course. You must hold a valid motorcycle license and provide motorcycle, helmet, and proof of insurance coverage. $50, 15672; Saturday, Jun 14
Motorcycle Course Registration
- From Harrisonburg 453-2284
- From Staunton 213-7002, ext. 2284
- From Waynesboro 943-7002, ext. 2284
- TDD: 234-0848
Phone registrations are accepted only with VISA, MasterCard or American Express or debit card payment information. Refunds must be requested at least two weeks before course begins. No transfers between classes.