BRCC Wireless Network
Wireless access is available at all BRCC locations. Log in using your MY BRCC username and password.
Secure (Encrypted) Wireless Access
BRCCsecure is our encrypted wireless network. Encryption protects your communications from being picked up by others and we strongly encourage you to use it. Follow the instructions below to configure your Windows 7 laptop and then log on using your MY BRCC username and password.
Windows 7 Connection Instructions
- Printable instructions with screenshots for configuring Windows 7 for BRCC Secure Wireless Network - PDF
- Open the Network and Sharing Center, and click Manage wireless networks.
- Click "Add" button.
Click Manually create a network profile
- Network Name: BRCCSecure
- Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption type: AES
- Check box for Start this connection automatically
- Click Change Connection Settings.
- Click the Security Tab.
- Click the Settings button next to Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP).
- Check the Validate server certificate box. On the Trusted Root box, scroll down and select the Thawte Premium Server CA. Then select the Configure button.
- Uncheck the box to Automatically use my Windows login name and password.
- Go back to the security tab and click on advanced settings.
- Click the box, Specify authentication mode, and select User authentication in the drop-down menu.
- Keep clicking OK until the boxes go away.
- Connect to BRCCSecure.
- Log in with your MyBRCC username and password.