In fulfilling our mission, the College is guided by the following values:
- promoting outstanding teaching and learning;
- delivering challenging and rigorous academic programs;
- encouraging life-long learning, including scholarly activity and professional development;
- emphasizing general education that is broad based and not bounded by discipline;
- advocating free exchange of ideas and beliefs; and
- providing educational access.
- encouraging initiative and innovation;
- rewarding exemplary achievement;
- expecting personal responsibility;
- evaluating and improving effectiveness; and
- creating innovative support services.
- anticipating and responding to community needs;
- enhancing educational programs through community partnerships;
- collaborating with other educational institutions and organizations;
- providing opportunities for the intellectual growth and enrichment of the community; and
- expecting active participation in community service.
- embracing the challenge of change;
- encouraging a welcoming atmosphere that nurtures inclusion and respect;
- maintaining a governance structure that ensures shared decision-making;
- promoting transparent and effective communication at all levels;
- fostering the development and practice of leadership;
- modeling integrity and ethical behavior; and
- providing an attractive, accessible, and functional environment for learning and working.